Bateman Engineering Head Office - Gauteng
Murray and Roberts Property Services
Summary of Services
- Supply & Install RealSens™ AMR system
- Configure, synchronise and commission AMR system
- Data hosting, Operation & Maintenance
The new head office of Bateman Engineering in Edenvale has applied the RealSens AMR system to effectively manage water consumption on the premises. The RealSens system comprises AMR technology at the bulk metering point, at the building in-feed meter and at the HVAC make-up tank inflow.
This effectively seperates the building into usage zones instead of geographical zones and enables the building manager to determine the usage components making up the total water usage on site i.e. General human consumption, irrigation and HVAC supply components.
Understanding the proportions of the usage components will empower the building manager to effectively manage costs and implement sustainability projects into the future.
One of the most important features of the RealSens installation at the Bateman Head office is however, the monitoring and reporting tool which specifically managed the HVAC system. Early detection of incidents related to the HVAC system will prevent damage to the building, fixtures and fittings as these leaks may continue for several days before evidence of the leak becomes noticeable to building occupants.
The project delivered the following benefits:
- Accurate measurement of water usage for each usage zone
- Early detection of leaks and losses
- Water balancing and usage analysis to optimize usage and identify areas of improvement
- Ongoing management of water usage