Nedbank Ridgeside – Durban
September 2010 - current
Summary of Services
- Supply & Install RealSens™ AMR system
- Configure, synchronise and commission AMR system
- Data hosting, Operation & Maintenance
As part of its sustainability initiatives, Nedbank has been a front runner in the establishment of Green Buildings in the commercial sector, achieving Green Star Rating for several new building projects around the country, including the Nedbank Ridgeside development.
Fundamental to the success of any sustainability project, is the ability to manage and measure water and energy usage. Understanding usage patterns and profiles provides the input data needed to identify areas of inefficiency, wastage or losses. An AMR system was therefore specified by the Green Buildings Consultant for this high rise office and hotel complex to achieve a Green Star rating.
Reonet provided a comprehensive AMR system, installing RealSens technology for 13 meters throughout the building including the bulk water meter, all sub meters and a grey water meter.
The project delivered the following benefits:
- Accurate measurement of water usage for each client department or zone
- Early detection of leaks and losses
- Water balancing and usage analysis to optimize usage and identify areas of improvement
- Ongoing management of water usage