Newcastle Mall – KwaZulu Natal
ZennProp Property Holdings
Summary of Services
- Supply & Install RealSens™ AMR system
- Configure, synchronise and commission AMR system
- Data hosting, Operation & Maintenance
ZennProp Property Holdings specified the RealSens AMR system in the development of the new R400 million Newcastle Mall development. The Mall spans 38 000 square meters of retail space and is the first regional shopping centre in Northern KwaZulu Natal industrial hub.
The RealSens Automated Meter Reading System tracks water usage at the bulk meter and measures water used for irrigation purposes as well as each of the 97 individual tenant stores.
In this way, a water balance can be performed automatically in real time and each retail store can manage their water usage by analysing the profile data provided online.
Early warning of leaks and losses at each store or in the common property area’s is also reported online via the RealSens website.
Metering data will be supplied to centre management on a regular basis to ensure accurate water bills are provided to the tenants each month.
The project delivered the following benefits:
- Accurate measurement of water usage for each tenant or zone
- Early detection of leaks and losses
- Water balancing and usage analysis to optimize usage and identify areas of improvement
- Ongoing management of water usage