Royal Maitland – Cape Town
September 2010 - current
Summary of Services
- Installation of AMR-compliant sub meters
- Supply & Install RealSens™ AMR system
- Configure, synchronise and commission AMR system
- Reconciliation of bulk meters and sub meters
- Data hosting, Operation & Maintenance
- Generation of water accounts for residents on behalf of the body corporate
Royal Maitland is a sectional title development providing affordable housing in the vicinity of the harbour in Cape Town. This dual storey development comprises two separate entities, Maitland One and Maitland Two with 140 and 100 units respectively.
A single municipal bulk meter supplied water to both entities which was then divided between the Maitland One and Maitland Two based on each entities number of units. As a result the bulk water bill received from the City Of Cape Town was generally shared on a 58.4% - 41.6% split. This method of calculation was not accurate and after consultation with the body corporate responsible, Reonet proposed a dedicated bulk meter for RM2 as well as the installation of 15mm domestic meters for each unit in RM2.
Reonet therefore installed a 100mm combination bulk meter and 100 domestic water meters and all meters were AMR enabled through the installation of RealSens™ system.
Following installation, it was revealed that the previous method of apportioning the water bill to each entity was vastly inaccurate, with RM2 using only 29%-33% of the total water billed to the development.
What’s more, the daily reading of meters and leak monitoring capability has resulted in more than 20 account query resolutions over the past 18 months.
Reonet also supplies the management body with water and sewer charge invoices for each resident on a monthly basis.
The project delivered the following benefits:
- Accurate split of bulk water bills
- Accurate on-charging of water bills to residents
- Quick and easy resolution of queries related to water bills
- Early detection of leaks and losses